1. Nepal Prisoners Associations (social workwithwomen & children in Nepalese prisons, www.panepal.org )
2. Nepal Womens Network (educational programms for Integration www.panepal.org )
3. Tibet Support Group NL www.tibet.nu
4. Pauenhof e.V. Germany (cultural & charitable trust) www.pauenhof.de
5. Students for a Free Tibet, USA (activists) www.studentsforafreetibet.org
6. Tibet Initiative, Germany www.tibet-initiative.de
All NGO's are officially registered social- or charity organisations and under govenrment supervision.
Our products are produced with environmental care:
1. All paper products are produced in Germany.
2. We fulfill the environmental requirements for paper and inks.
3. We avoid long ways of transportation.
4. Our products are not produced in China.
5. We cooperate with organisations of International Fairtrade standards.
SHORT STORY OF TUSHITA
Tushita was founded as a book publishing in Dharamsala, Northern India in the 70ies by Michael Hellbach and other students from all over the world.
In 1978 the „Tibet Direkt Hilfe“ (Tibet Direct Aid“) was founded as part of the Tushita project. We were living within the Tibetan Refugee community for many years now and had the wish to give some something back to the people who were so friendly and generous to us, who had preserved the wisdom of old and shared it with us for all those years. So we raised money, organised fleemarkets in Germany and with minimum „cause“ we were creating maximum „effect“.
For example we were witnessing the problems of energy and the trees beeing cut for firewood, which leads to landslides und other unfavourable circumstances. With a simple oildrum painted black on the top of the huts and houses some of the energy problem was solved. We also supported people who had lost their old communities in Tibet. In 1992 we stopped our works here as the problems of Tibetan refugees got so well known everywhere that help from all over the world was coming in to Dharamsala and other refugge camps in India. Tushita and the Tibet Direkt Hilfe were one of the first organisations being on the ground in Dharamsala.
In 1976 Tushita was founding the Tibet Image Bank, making available images and information about the tragedy on the roof of the world and the richness of Tibetan culture at a time the world was not very much aware of the circumstances here.
Today we focus mainly on projects and people in Nepal. Here is to mention the Nepal Prisoners Assosiation, organised by the wonderful Nepalese lady Indira Ramanagar. Women in Nepal are sometimes imprisoned for reasons we would not necesseraly think of being criminal at all. Unfortunatelly they have to take their children into prison and that leads to even more suffering and injustice.
One of Tushita projects since 1990 is the Pauenhof in Germany, an open seminar house farm for families and retreats, building bridges between Eastern and Western cultures. From here we support organisations and activist like „Studends for a free Tibet“ who were sucessfully staging their protest at the Olympics in Peking and other events. Obviously our products are not produced or processed in China as the environmental standards of the paper industry there would not match with our ideas of an ecological production.
Over the past three decades Tushita had developed it's own style of supporting a fair exchange between the cultures and of course all the items we import from Nepal are produced on the fair trade basis.
Naturally we have established ourselves as PARTNERS to the Fairtrade organisations in the West, adding some unique, innovative and fresh colour to the shops and retail outlets of the fairtrade world.
1. Nepal Prisoners Associations (Soziale Arbeit in Nepalesischen Gefängnissen)
2. Nepal Womens Network (Integration und berufliche Selbstständigkeit)
3. Tibet Support Group NL
4. Pauenhof e.V. (kultureller und gemeinnütziger Verein)
5. Students for a free Tibet, USA (junge Aktivisten weltweit)
6. Tibet Initiative Deutschland
Alle NGO's sind offiziell eingetragene soziale, politische, mildtätige und gemeinnützige Organisationen. Sie unterliegen der jeweiligen staatlichen Aufsicht.
Unsere Produkte werden unter umweltfreundlichen Bedingungen hergestellt:
1. Alle Papierprodukte sind in Deutschland hergestellt
2. Wir produzieren mit umweltfreundlichen Materialien
3. Wir vermeiden umständliche Transportwege
4. Wir lassen nichts in China herstellen oder weiterverarbeiten
5. Wir arbeiten mit lokalen und internationalen Organisationen zusammen, die den Fair-Trade-Bedingungen unterliegen.